Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
- NEW Holiday Paper & Accent Samplers—Big Holiday wish list? Try it before you buy it!
- Countdown To Christmas Series—October features Embellished Ornaments.
- September Stamp-of-the-Month—Features Vintage Leaves. Register by September 8.
- September Stamper Sampler—Timeless Elegance Cards Gift Set. RSVP by September 9.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
There are also a few items that COULD go on backorder soon:
Elegant Gold Embossed Vintage Leaves Cards
Today, I'm sharing my second project from my September Stamp-of-the-Month class featuring the beautiful Vintage Leaves stamp set. These realistic leaves look amazing with a variety of stamping techniques and we'll be trying three of them in the class: collage stamping, heat embossing and watercoloring!
CASEd from Windy Ellard at Windy's Wonderful Creations.
Background Basics—Instead of doing the gold embossing directly on the Tip Top Taupe card base, I cut another 4" x 5-1/4" layer for the background technique. I really like the "finished" look it gives with two layers, plus it makes the card a little more sturdy, since heating the card stock can cause a bit of warping. I also popped up that background with Dimensionals. So elegant!
Embossed Layer—I randomly stamped the Vintage Leaves in VersaMark.and heat embossed them with Gold Embossing Powder.
Random Stamping TIPS: Start with the large maple leaf right in the middle, then add the rest of the leaf images outward from there. I like to start with the biggest images first, then fill in the spaces with the smaller ones. Always stamp "off" the side of the card stock, too!
Sentiment Layer—The greeting, from the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit, is stamped in Tip Top Taupe on a 4" x 1-1/2" piece of Very Vanilla. I decorated the top with a 4" x 1/2" strip of Gold Foil, then wrapped a piece of the beautiful Venetian Crochet Trim around it before adhering it to the background with SNAIL.
Leaflet Accent—I embossed the small Vintage Leaves image on a scrap of Tip Top Taupe and used the coordinating Leaflets Framelits to die-cut it perfectly! After popping it up with Dimensionals, I added a Gold Metal Button and a Linen Thread bow with Glue Dots.
Bow TIP: Rather than tying the thread through the button, I simply tied the bow first, then adhered the bow to the top of the button with a Glue Dot. You can't even tell it's not "tied" correctly and the button lays flat that way!
Two Cool—On my second version, I switched the elements to a horizontal design.
Sweet Sentiment—I used another greeting from the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit set, but I had to keep it a small one to fit in that narrow space!
Awesome Accent—I love how the leaf accents look on this card! This time, I did tie the thread through the button and into a double-knot. Such a classy card!
Bundle It & SAVE—Purchase the Vintage Leaves stamp set along with the Leaflets Framelits in a Bundle and SAVE 15% off the cost of purchasing them separately!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear mount" is a rubber stamp to be used on a clear acrylic block, "Photopolymer" is the see-thru style of stamps, also used with acrylic blocks.
- Stamps—Vintage Leaves (pholypolymer), Watercolor Wishes Card Kit (for stamp set)
- Ink—VersaMark; Tip Top Taupe Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Gold Foil; Tip Top Taupe & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Venetian Crochet Trim, Gold Metal Buttons, Linen Thread, Gold Embossing Powder
- Tools—Leaflets Framelits, Big Shot, Heat Tool, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Register Now! Sign up now for the Vintage Leaves Stamp-of-the-Month class! Registration ends on September 8, 2015!
* * * * *
I'd Love To Hear From You! Autumn is my favorite season! Are you ready for Fall, or at least Fall craft projects? Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
- Local Class: Tuesday, September 22, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Kit includes Vintage Leaves stamp set, Gold Metal Buttons & all the pre-cut supplies and instructions needed to create 6 beautiful autumn cards!
Contact Me To Register Up by Tuesday, September 8.