- Shop Retired Items—While supplies last!
- Extra Stampin' Rewards—Hosts can earn $35 more reward dollars in June.
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Occasions Catalog—All-new stamps, papers & accents!
- May "Last Thursdays" Card Class—May 26, 6:30pm
Hi Stamping Friends,
►►Important Reminder: As of today, all Retiring Stamp Sets are While Supplies Last only!
I've checked out the Inventory Status Report this morning and there are already dozens of retiring stamp sets that are very low inventory. If you are wanting to order any retiring stamps...do it SOON!
Order Today at my Online Store and use the Host Code 434UZAWF for a FREE Catalog & Gift!
Thursday, May 26, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, May 25, at 5pm.
Class-To-Go Kits Available—Supplies are pre-cut—just add stamping & adhesives, per Stampin' Up! policy. PDF instructions will be emailed.
See all the details on this class: May "Last Thursdays" Class Info.Contact Me To RSVP Today!
CASEd from Lisa Curcio at Lisa's Stamp Studio.
Today's masculine cards were so much fun to create, especially since the style isn't something I would traditionally make. That's part of the fun of CASEing...trying different styles and techniques that get your creativity out the same-old look. I never would have tried this combination of elements, but now that I have, it has become a springboard, inspiring me to try some similar combinations on my own.
Lucky Stars Going Global Cards—The Going Global stamp set is a great masculine stamp set, and I'm so sorry that it's retiring at the end of the month. It's perfect for Father's Day, as well as guy birthday and anniversary cards, and today's project could be used for any of those! Get it NOW before it's gone! Let's take a closer look at the project details...
Print & Save This Project...
Background Basics—I started with a standard half sheet of Very Vanilla card stock, cut down to 5-1/2" x 7-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I opened up the fold and randomly stamped over the shortened card front with the constellations image in Delightful Dijon ink.
Starry Edge—I punched a 1-1/4" x 5-1/2" strip of Basic Black card stock with the Confetti Stars Border Punch to create a starry border on the inside of the card. I adhered it with the soon-to-retire 2-Way Glue Pen, but you could also you the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
TIP: To punch a line of stars with the Confetti Stars Border Punch, start by inserting the strip into the punch flush against the little "ledge" on the punch. Punch the center of the strip first, then slide the strip to the right or left and align the newly-punched holes with the silver star images on the punch. They will line up perfectly, so keep sliding until it is obvious it's matched up, then punch! Continue sliding along the strip in the same way until it is completely punched to the ends.
Stars & Planets—I love that the focal elements are very astronomical looking! The Basic Black 2" Circle punch reminds me of a planet and the 3-1/2" x 1/2" strip of Delightful Dijon gives the impression of rings around the planet. The ends of that strip are fishtailed and it's popped up with Dimensionals. The Gold Foil star is die-cut with the Stars Framelits, but you could also use the Medium Star Punch for a similar look. It's popped up as well.
Sweet Sentiment—The lucky stars greeting from the Going Global set is stamped in Black Memento Ink, then punched with the 1" Circle Punch. It reminds me of a moon in orbit around the ringed planet. I covered the back of the circle with SNAIL and added some Gold Metal Thread loopy frills to the back before popping it up with more Dimensionals.
TIP: I wrapped the thread around my four fingers 4-5 times, twisted it into a figure-8 and stuck it to the back of the sticky circle. Once the threads were stuck down, it was easy to pull the loops apart and arrange them so they were pleasing to the eye.
Finishing Touches—I added a couple of gold and black star sequins from the Metallic Sequins pack around the focal point with some Glue Dots. Stars galore! Wheeee!
Two Cool—For my second version, I played with the retiring Lost Lagoon ink instead of Delightful Dijon.
I also switched to Silver Foil and Silver Metallic Thread to go with the cooler color combination. Another subtle change was that I punched the greeting with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. I love the results...how about you?
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—retiring Going Global (clear, wood)
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Delightful Dijon (card #1), retiring Lost Lagoon (card #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Gold Foil (card #1); Silver Foil (card #2); Basic Black, Delightful Dijon (card #1), retiring Lost Lagoon (card #2) & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Gold Metallic Thread (card #1), Silver Metallic Thread (card #2), Metallic Sequin Assortment
- Tools—Stars Framelits OR Medium Star Punch, Big Shot, Confetti Star Border Punch, 2" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch (card #1), 1-1/4" Circle Punch (card #2), Glue Dots, 2-Way Glue Pen OR Fine-Tip Glue Pen, SNAIL, Dimensionals
• • • • •
Until next time,
The new 2016 Annual Catalog will be released on June 1, but you know you want a copy in your hands NOW! I am happy to offer you a catalog by request! I have them in my hands and ready to distribute! Here's how you can receive a copy:
Current Local & Online Customers—Receive the catalog absolutely FREE, by request.
Not A Too Cool Stamping Customer?—There are 3 ways to get a FREE catalog:
- Placing an order at my Online Store, using the Hostess Code 434UZAWF
- Picking one up at my Too Cool Stamping studio in Fort Wayne, IN
- Order One Starting May 23—I will provide more info on how you can get a FREE catalog and simply pay the cost to mail it to you. Per Stampin' Up! policy, I'm not allowed to collect money for catalog delivery fees until then.
All retiring stamps will be guaranteed available thru May 22, then they will be while supplies last. Everything else is available while supplies last only, beginning immediately! All retired merchandise will be gone for good after May 31, 2016.